1 pound macaroni
3 cups whole milk
1 cups packed fresh spinach
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons flour
4 cups grated white cheddar cheese
2 cups parmesan cheese
2 cups chopped broccoli florets
1 cup peas
Pesto sauce-- for that extra zing!
1. Preheat oven to 350° F
2. Cook pasta for 3 minutes less than the time suggested on your pasta's packaging.
Set aside a half cup of the pasta water for later use.
3. As the pasta boils, chop up the garlic, toss it into a blender, along with your milk and spinach, and blend until it attains a smooth consistency.
4. Now we thicken up our macaroni sauce! In a large pot, melt butter and add flour. Whisk for 2 minutes continuosuly, over low -medium heat, until the sauce is thick and creamy. Add that milk, spinach, garlic sauce into the mix, whisk it up real nice, and turn up the heat on that bad boy, bringing it to a fine boil.
5. Enough heat! Reduce the temp and get the sauce down to a simmer. Over the next 3-4 minutes, whisk occassionally until the sauce thickens and begins to bubble.
6. At which point, in goes the cheese and that excess pasta water. Stir it up nice and set the stage for the mac attack. Slide those noodles into the waiting sauce. Mix it all up, real nice.
7. Move the newly mixed contents to a greased up 13″ x 9″ baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until you see that cheese dancin.'
8. Drizzle some pesto sauce on top.
Recipe found here: http://weelicious.com/2013/03/06/green-mac-and-cheese/