Household Tips! -- Sitting down to my breakfast the other morning, I noticed these very clever tips on the back of my cereal box. So from box to blog, here we go:
1. Fresh lemon will remove onion scent from your hands
2. To keep ants out of the house, find where the ants are entering and sprinkle a barrier of cinnamon or ground pepper to block their way. The spices are too hot for the ants to cross.
3. Stuff a miniature marshmallow in the bottom of a sugar cone to prevent ice cream drips.
4. To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with the potatoes.
5, The freshness of eggs can be tested by placing them in a large bowl of cold water. If they float, do not use them.
6. For a clogged shower head try boiling it in 1/2 cup vinegar and 1 qt.water for 15 minutes.
7. Don't throw away leftover wine. Freeze it into ice cubes for future use n casseroles or sauces.
8. If you have a problem opening jars, try using latex dish gloves. The non slip grip makes opening jars easy.
9. Use egg whites to remove gum from clothing. Brush egg white onto gum with a tooth brush. Let sit for 15 minutes, and then launder as usual.
10. Baby wipes are miracle-workers on stains. From motor oil to blood, they remove almost anything!
Very helpful content on the outside of the box, and very yummy" Oats & More "inside the box.